ABOUT TRUCK / TRUCK HISTORY
· BODY: 1979 Ford F-250 Crew Cab full fiber glass body with custom vinyl wrap .
· CHASSIS: Full tube chassis, all custom built 2 inch DOM seamless tubing.
· MOTOR: 528 cid ford big block blown and injected with alcohol, producing 1300 hp. Built by G.O. Racing of Jacksonville, FL.
· TIRES: 66 x 43.00—25 SIR monster truck racing tires on custom built 25 x 34 wheels.
· SHOCKS: 26 inch Combs shocks totaling almost 30 inches of travel.
· DRIVETRAIN: full custom driveline using Rockwell rear ends and military planetary hubs.
· HISTORY: Strait Jacket chassis was originally built in 1994 by Glenn Bowland of Ft. Myers, Florida. It began with a cantilever suspension and was the one to beat wherever it went and was known as the Iron Warrior. During its thirteen years of racing, the Iron Warrior truck took 3 national championships and a long list of victories under the control of Bowland. But as time passed, technology advanced, and the Iron Warrior became outdated. The truck was retired in 2007 and took out of service, but in 2009, it was purchased by Kevin King and was taken all the way apart and redesigned by the Southern Excitement Motorsports crew. The chassis was cut apart and put back together with more advanced technology and newer style suspension and given a new name and identity, and is now back in action and quickly becoming the truck to beat again.
ABOUT OWNER – DRIVER: KEVIN KING
· Kevin was born and raised in Waycross, Georgia.
· Graduate of Ware County High School in 1999
· Owned and operated the Waresboro Mud Boggin for seven years. (2000-2006)
· (2006) Went to work for Wildfire Motorsports as a crew chief/driver of the Twisted Dragon and Iron Horse Monster Trucks.
· Transferred to Sudden Impact Racing as the driver of the Sudden Impact Monster Truck. (2007)
· Runner up racing championship. (2008)
· Runner up freestyle championship at the winter nationals in Idaho. (2008)
· 5th in nation in point standings. (2008)
· Began putting together Strait Jacket . (2009)
· Owner/Operator of Southern Excitement Motorsports/Strait Jacket Monster Truck. (2009-Current)
· 2010 The Southern Excitement Motorsports team completed a tour of South America, where they raced in Venezuela and Chile.
· 2011-Strait Jacket was the TBO Wheelie Champion.
· 2011-3rd place finisher in Lonestar Monster Nationals tour.
She is the hardest working woman in the Strait Jacket family. Off the track she keeps Kevin in his very own “strait jacket” by keeping the records and expenses in line, and also handles and designs all the publicity of the team.
On the track she is there to dive right in and get things fixed on Strait Jacket when problems arise. She is quickly learning the “ins” and “outs” of the truck, and is always there to help Kevin keep Strait Jacket in top shape
Jennifer and Kevin had their first child in 2011, Kolby, adding another major job responsibility to her position as crew “family” chief. Kolby is the “real” crew chief and the most popular baby during the pit party. He’s even starting to look like Dad already: